MIC injections are an enhanced Vitamin B injection, are used to help boost energy and promote weight loss. When used in conjunction with a dietary and/or exercise program, they have been proven to help break down body fat, control cravings, and can even help to manage cholesterol levels. These injections are generally given once per week for a period of three months.
What is in a MIC Injection?
- Vitamin B12: A water soluble vitamin found naturally in meat, fish, or dairy products. This vitamin helps the body to properly form red blood cells, grow tissues, replicate DNA, forms the myelin sheath that protect nerve cells, and lowers homocysteine levels that reduces the risk of a stroke or heart attack. Vitamin B12 works together with folate in the synthesis of DNA and red blood cells.
- Folic Acid: Also known as Vitamin B9, folic acid works with Vitamin B12 to helps the body form healthy red blood cells and DNA. It is found naturally in green leafy vegetables and it helps prevent heart disease, stroke, miscarriages, birth defects, colon and cervical cancers. It has also been used in the treatment of insomnia, depression, pain, memory problems, macular degeneration, restless leg syndrome, and Alzheimer’s.
- Methionine: An essential amino acid that is not produced in the body. It is found in meat, fish, and dairy. It has been used to treat inflammation, depression, and liver diseases. Not only does it have liver protectant qualities but
it is also a lipotropic – a substance that helps to breakdown fat during metabolism.
- Inositol: A mild lipotropic that is chemically similar to the B vitamin family. It is found naturally in beans, brown rice, and sesame seeds. It helps the body to metabolize and prevent the buildup of fat in the liver. Other benefits of Inositol are that it exhibits insulin-like effects which can be beneficial to diabetics and it is also a natural cancer fighter. It has been shown to slow or reverses the growth of certain types of cancer such as breast, colon, and prostate cancers. It also promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Choline: The newest edition to the B vitamin family. It protects the liver from accumulating fat. It helps in the maintenance of the nervous system, assisting memory and learning while combating fatigue and infections and can help to prevent gallstones. It helps to lower cholesterol and homocysteine levels that are commonly associated with cardiovascular disease. It also helps to reduce chronic inflammation in the body. Food sources of choline include: flax seeds, sesame seeds, lentils, cauliflower, beef, and egg yolk.